Thursday, December 27, 2012

Hope

We got another call from the Cradle a little over a week ago with a request for our profile. I was finally content with the idea of not having a baby by Christmas, or really this year for that matter. And then the phone goes off. Of course, I immediately jump to planning as if this child is already mine (not even close) and could hardly contain my excitement. Fortunately, we were told we'd most likely find out if we were chosen by Christmas Eve. Perfect! We'd have our Christmas miracle! Well, you see, unfortunately this little one just wasn't ours. We got the call early Christmas Eve morning with those dreaded words, "I wish I had better news..."  That never ends well. We've heard that phrase a few too many times this year. I'm pretty sure those counselors have a script they read from with a choice of phrases to use to let us down easy.

I have mixed feelings about this particular situation. Part of me is incredibly frustrated. You can't help but wonder "What's wrong with us?", especially when our profile has been passed on twice in the past 4 months. At the same time, I try to think on the positive end of things. Our profile has been presented twice in the past 4 months AND on the very first time our profile was presented last spring, we were chosen! So these let downs, though frustrating, also bring a bit of hope. These requests for our profile also seem to give me that extra push to pray like crazy. I can't remember the last time I prayed so hard in the course of just a couple days. My prayer life was pretty pathetic there for a while. Funny how God knows how to give me that jump start. Present hope for a baby, and my knees hit the floor! Now the key is to keep it up.... I'm already guilty of falling back into my unmotivated ways.

In related news, our close friends that we met through the Cradle welcomed home their son this week! It's so exciting to see an adoption work out. Talk about hope! We get to meet him next week, and I can't wait!  I just hope we are welcoming home our little one soon. Pray for us!

I have to put in the shameless plug to pass on our information. Please contact us if you know someone with an unplanned pregnancy who is considering adoption. Our agency does not have to find a match for us. We can find someone ourselves as well. More information on us can be found in the following places:

Cradle website: Our Online Profile
Our Facebook page (go to the page and "like" it please): Dan and Lisa Adoption Page
YouTube video: Dan and Lisa Video

No comments:

Post a Comment