Thursday, July 24, 2014

Little Happies... A little late


I feel like it's been a while since I've participated in a Little Happies link-up over at Blessed to Be. So my happies are going to span a couple weeks. Here we go!

1. A trip to my favorite store with the bullseye logo with a delicious treat in hand. 
The opportunity to go to the store by myself these days is pretty much non-existent. I'm not complaining here. I love my little partner in crime, but sometimes a mama just wants to leisurely stroll the aisles without fear of a child breaking down at any moment. Not to mention the fact that I'd never be able to balance carrying a drink in one hand, pushing the cart in another, and keeping a 7 month old happy with... well that's why this never happens. It's seriously the little things... or little happies I should say :)

2. Getting one of these packages in the mail.
So I'm a little obsessed with pictures. I already have 4 albums to document Nate's first 7 months. I have a problem, I know. I have learned that by ordering pictures online and waiting for deals, I can save a whole lot of money. So it may be a bit of an enabler for me, but at least it's saving me money... right?

3. My little man loves books!
Reading with Grandma

In the past few weeks, Nathan has become a bit obsessed with books. He looooves to listen to stories. He can be whiny all day, and you pull out a book to read and he is silent. It's so wonderful to see him enjoying books. It makes me feel like I've done something right.
Someone just had to read right now. There's no time to take the bib off!


4. I don't know why, but this picture gets me every time. We are working on our fine motor skills. Picking up those puffs and making it into his mouth is quite the task. 


5. The Dance is back! One of my biggest guilty pleasures is watching So You Think You Can Dance each summer. I usually get together with a close friend of mine to watch it and critique all the dances. We've been getting together for this for at least 6 seasons now and watching it on our own for even longer. So I'd like to think we kinda know what we are talking about now. You can't beat a classic piece of Travis Wall choreography... swoon!

6. Dan is on vacation for 2 weeks! Nothing beats having all three of us home together without the stress of work getting in the way. I love that he has the chance to spend lots of time with Nathan. So far we have spent a long weekend visiting the Newman Center at U of I (where we met) and visiting his family. We are hoping to get some projects done around the house and plan a few more days out. 

6. Summer! I am seriously loving this summer. I love being home every day and  have no desire to go back to work. Good thing there's still 3 weeks left! I better make 'em count. 





For more little happies, head on over to Blessed to Be!







4 comments:

  1. What an enjoyable time you are having - I'm so glad!! It's great to have dad off for a while...how fun! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! Those shutterfly books are the best. Glad u are soaking up sunmer. I love shopping big box stores leisurely with a fun drink, definitely a little happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just wonderful!! I especially love your obsession with pictures and picture books. It's AWESOME that you've already made 4 for Nathan. You guys are going to love looking back on those when he's older. :) And I'm so happy Dan has some time off! Summer days with extra husband time... sounds fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete