Saturday, June 22, 2013

Introducing our prayer altar (finally)

So way back in December I wrote a post about Family Prayer. I had these high hopes of putting together our own prayer altar once the nativity came down after Christmas. Well, I'm only about 6 months behind... but it's done! Here is our prayer altar!

 
We put some of our favorite items on top, along with some prayer cards, prayer books, and rosaries. The bottom shelf is still a bit of a mess, but for now it is serving as storage for the rest of our prayer materials. I still need a picture frame for that image of the Blessed Sacrament too!


The rest of the pictures are of the items on top of our altar. 

 We bought this stained glass image at the shrine of Our Lady of Good Help. Love it!


Dan's parents gave us this gorgeous cross for our wedding.
 He has his five-fold scapular draped across it.


This is the St. Michael the Archangel statue and prayer I gave Dan for Christmas this year. 
It's another one of our favorites. 

So the altar is still a bit of a work in progress, but at least I can say we have one now. It only took me 6 months to get to! Now we just need to start using it more. My hope is that we share many family rosaries around our prayer altar. I will be the first to admit that my prayer life hasn't been the greatest lately. So it's time for me to give myself an extra little push and put this prayer altar to use!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! We have a corner in our dining room I haven't been sure what to do with - I think I might have just figured it out! Thanks :)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love the stained glass picture!

    ReplyDelete