Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Chaplet of Divine Mercy

During Lent, I began praying the Chaplet of Divine Mercy every day. The more I prayed it, I found myself becoming more and more content with the wait. One day, I was talking to someone at work about the adoption process and found myself telling her that I was doing well with the wait and that I was pretty content. I just remember thinking, Did those words just come out of my mouth??? And then I realized that it was the truth. I had finally found peace, knowing that God has a plan for our family.

Here is a link to the prayer: Chaplet of Divine Mercy

I particularly like the closing prayer:

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless, and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us,that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your holy will, which is Love and Mercy itself.


It is my daily reminder that God has a plan for me, and that it is going to be (and is) wonderful! It helps me to do what is hardest, trusting in His plan and letting go. Let go, and let God!


The Divine Mercy Novena began on Good Friday. You can learn more about it and find the daily prayers here: Divine Mercy Novena

This Sunday is the Feast of Divine Mercy. Find out more about it here: Feast of Divine Mercy

If you don't already pray the Chaplet, I can't encourage you enough to do so daily. This prayer is so incredibly powerful! It is easy to pray, not to mention quick (you can pray it on your way to work even). Relevant Radio (950am in Chicago, Relevant Radio) prays the Chaplet of Divine Mercy Daily at 3pm (central time). If you can listen to the radio at that time, it's pretty awesome. They take calls for intentions, and they have shared stories of countless answered prayers. It is such a powerful prayer! On Relevant Radio, they finish the prayer reciting the following, and so I will close this post with it as well.

Jesus I trust in you. Jesus I trust in you. Jesus I trust in you.
(St. John's at University of Illinois)

No comments:

Post a Comment