Saturday, March 30, 2013

Holy Saturday and Waiting

Last year, a close friend of ours posted this video on his blog. Matt Maher, a Catholic musician, talks about Holy Saturday and waiting.


I tried to upload the video right here, but technology is not working with me today. Here is the link:
Matt Maher- Waiting

I have never compared this journey to that of Jesus' disciples on Holy Saturday, but after seeing this video it is so clear to me. He talks about when Mary Magdalene comes to them on Easter Sunday to say the tomb is empty, that He is risen! He talks about the emotions of anxiety, excitement, fear, and hope and that feeling that you so badly want it to be true but that you can't handle the let down if it's not. THAT right there is adoption.This video hits the nail on the head. You feel like you are always holding your breath until you are chosen from a group of families and then until those papers are signed and that baby is at home with you in your arms. I feel like we have been stuck in this moment of waiting, unsure of what is to come. Over time, I have seen the fruits of this wait in many ways in my own life, our relationship with each other, and my relationship with God. He is constantly working in our lives. Sometimes (often) waiting brings so many graces. As I'm typing this, I'm reminding myself that I need to just sit and wait sometimes, just let God work. I so often try to speed up this process by doing one thing or another (not that it's a bad thing to get the word out there), but sometimes I need to remind myself that it is all in His time. The best things in life are those we wait for. I know it's true. I just have to remember that, be patient, and let God work. 




No comments:

Post a Comment