Monday, July 29, 2013

Birthday Fun

I've been having a very frustrating day. We are remodeling our bathroom (well hired someone to), and we are on week 4 of a "2 week project". It has been a bumpy road with a lot of frustration and testing of my patience. So I decided I need to focus on something good right now. So I figured I'd post about the past few weeks of events around here, most of which have been celebrating Dan's birthday. 

We usually don't do a whole lot for our birthdays. We usually just have one big dinner celebration at our favorite restaurant for both our birthdays and our anniversary, since it all falls within about two weeks. But this year was different. Dan was celebrating the big 3-0, so we definitely had to do more than just a dinner out for the both of us. 


So I decided that we would celebrate his birthday pretty much this whole month with a surprise each weekend for 3 weeks. It was such a blast, and it was so nice having the chance to give back to my husband for all the wonderful things he does for me. He is such an incredible support for me day in and day out, so I wanted to find a way to show him how much he is appreciated. Over the past few weeks, Dan has been surprised with tickets to a Cardinals game with the guys in the family, shocked by finding our friends from St. Louis in our kitchen when he got home from work the following Friday, and finally a surprise party with some of our closest friends. It has been so much fun!  Thanks to all our family and friends for making these celebrations possible! Here are some pictures from his party :)


Dan and Kevin share a birthday, so we of course sang to both of them! It was Kevin's 27th.
As Dan says, "You'll never catch me!"

Our friends and my brothers taking a break from eating and swimming at the party.

Dan requested a "face cake". And he requested the use of this lovely picture of himself making the same goofy face he is making in the picture below.


Just looking through these pictures did their job. My blood pressure has returned to normal :) I'm sure tomorrow will bring about a new set of frustrations, so you may be hearing from me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment