Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Going crazy!

I am going just a wee bit crazy around here. I am pretty sure this bathroom will never be done, and I am finding myself wishing back the old one, even if the shower was gross and leaked and was oh so inconveniently wedged behind the door. I just want my house back! I don't know why, but having someone working in my house 5 days a week just makes me ridiculously anxious and annoyed. I feel confined to the living room and am pretty sure this guy judges me for the copious amounts of TV I've been watching. Even I am judging myself for that! Although I did score by randomly coming across the Backstreet Boys on Access Hollywood yesterday... so there are some bright sides to this TV watching (I know I'm almost 28 and still have a thing for that boy band, don't judge!)

It's making me so crazy that I pretty much wish I had to go to work right now so that I could get outta here. And it's not that I can't leave, I can. But I find when I'm here, the worker always has questions for me, and honestly after some issues with short work days in the past I like to keep an eye on making sure a full work day occurs. And of course whenever I do make plans, that is the day he decides to show up several hours late or I have to make my 22342483455th run to the tile store to make an exchange or order more tile or I get called to be told a "new, more accurate" timeline, which is yet to be right. Even the one I was given as recently as yesterday is looking to me to be out the window. So it's safe to say I'm pretty bitter and on edge right now.

Maybe I should give 'em one of these faces and tell 'em who's boss


It would help to have an end in sight. As of now, we don't know when counter tops are being put in which need to be in before they can even measure for the glass for the shower and then that takes close to two weeks to come in. And it's never good when he comes down to tell you that he can't speed things up and that it's moving slowly... wah wah wah. It would have been great to have a more accurate time line from day one. Two weeks? Ha! Start to finish, I'm pretty sure this bad boy will be a solid 6 weeks, at least! So basically I just wrote the lamest post ever, and I'm amazed if anyone even read the whole thing. I just needed to vent. Blah!

2 comments:

  1. They are just painting our bathroom and they have taken several days, so I can't imagine what you must be going through! I understand they have to work but I am getting annoyed being in my living room. Thank God for vacation bible school this week at least it gets me out of the house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully he quoted you a price based on the entire project not an hourly rate! Home improvement shows are fun to watch and hopefully some humor as you see how bad things can go when well-meaning people do things themselves. ..

    ReplyDelete