Friday, September 13, 2013

Quick Takes #2

Wow, I am actually participating in the link-up here two weeks in a row. So here goes...

1. We found out Wednesday that the birth mother we were presented to has decided on another family. I was surprisingly calm with the wait this time around. I'm really grateful it wasn't a long one! It still stings, though, to be passed over yet again. I know, I know we will be blessed with the child that is meant to join our family (I truly do believe that), but why can't it be now? 

2. Another reason (besides the obvious one) that I want an adoption to finally happen is that I so desperately want to go back part time. This whole full time thing is overrated. I feel like it has been way more tiring than I ever remembered when I worked full time in the past. I mean it's 9:30 on a Friday night and I probably could have gone to sleep 2 hours ago. 

3. My Wednesday class was a nightmare this week. I don't even feel like writing about it. Pray that my patience grows immensely and that perhaps I can get through a day without being swung at or spit at. That's not too much to ask, right?

4. Now onto more positive things from the week... Last night we saw Kevin James at the Chicago Theatre. Besides the giant tall man sitting in front of me, it was a good show! It felt good to go out and forget about everything else going on right now. Plus we had pretty good seats, first level, about halfway back. 

5. Today I got to see the kids at my new school. They were my saving grace this week! We took them to Jewel today on our community trip. They have a Kid's Club where the kids get a card that can be scanned  each visit and is good for a free apple or banana to promote healthy eating. I had never heard of this before but thought it was really cool. I guess I'm easily impressed. The kids were each able to pick out their fruit and "pay" at the register. They also got free cookies and hats from the fish counter. You should have seen the looks on their faces when they were handed those hats. It's so much fun seeing them experience and enjoy the little joys in life.

6. While we were at Jewel, we of course had to stop by the bakery to pick up some free cookies. While we were there, one of my little guys was checking out the cakes. His birthday is next week. Well, he spotted a cake that had a sell by date of his birthday. So clearly, that meant it was his cake. He started to take it off the shelf since it was his cake, after all. We had to remind him to ask his mom for a cake. It was just too stinkin' cute!

7. We can actually use the shower in our remodeled bathroom again! Glass went in the other day. We are going to clean everything up tomorrow so we can finally start using that bathroom. I can't wait to try out those body jets. At least now I will have that fabulous shower to come home to on my frustrating days at work. 

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment