Monday, January 6, 2014

A Very Special Weekend

We are officially exhausted! This weekend was very special for us but also incredibly exhausting. Our shower was on Saturday, and all I can say is we are so blessed with our family and friends. Our son is so incredibly loved. I am constantly overwhelmed with how many people have prayed for him and who are so in love with him.

Like father, like son. Those two and their hats...

Nathan snuggling with his grandmas


Overall, I haven't been overly emotional (visibly at least), but when I got up to thank everyone I lost it. There's something about being surrounded by so much love and so many people who are genuinely happy for us and who have such a deep love for this little guy who just entered our lives. I just keep finding myself repeat over and over again, we are blessed. 

On Sunday, we braved the crazy winter storm for Nathan's baptism. It was an absolutely nutty morning with a little guy who wanted to be held when everyone needed to get ready, the roads a mess, the same little guy hungry when we walked into church, and a giant hole in my tights before his baptism even began. But the second his baptism started, nothing else mattered. We were a part of one of the most important days of his life and surrounded by many of our closest family and friends. It was perfect. Again, I am so grateful to everyone who came to celebrate with us. It was so special.

A friend of ours from college is now a priest, so he celebrated Nathan's baptism. It made it even more special. When I did get a chance to snuggle with my little man yesterday, I just loved smelling him. Mmmm that chrism just smells so good and so holy :) When it comes to these pictures, I really can't choose favorites. So I will just have to share a bunch!






His wonderful Godparents

With grandparents

The angel pin was given to him by his birth mother at the hospital. We wanted a piece of her with us on his special day.

Woohoo! Our holy little man.

The stained glass in the back of the church. This is my parents' parish, where I grew up, and where we were married.

Our little group is growing :) Loving all the little ones.

Can't forget Fr. Steve!

Hanging with his Godmother

Kristin takes her duties very seriously. She already has him praying.




6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Welcome to the Christian family Nathan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your adoption! I love the pics. I came across your blog from another blogger. My dh and I are on another adoption journey ourselves. This time we put out the money and are going with An.gel Adopt.ion to help us with our prayers to grow our family. We did try Catholic Charities but nothing ever happened (we waited with them for four years). We did consider The Cradle but felt An.gel was a better match. We liked that they market us and get our profiles out there. We needed someone to be aggressive. We are "older". We did talk to several couples who adopted through Ange.l before handing them a check and many of them had failed adoptions as well. Most admitted to loving the agency but not the whole adoption process of waiting and let downs. My dh and I pray we can handle all of that. It actually makes me dh very nervous. With God. Only with God. I have heard and have read that once you get your forever baby...it's all worth it. So, thank you for sharing your journey. I find it encouraging. I don't know how our journey with end but right now we are very hopeful this agency will help us. We are currently working on our home study and our social worker told us that if we can get the homestudy we did from Catholic Charities...she might be able to use some of that info...so now I have a call into them. So, that would be silver lining to that cloud. God bless you and thanks again for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prayers for you and your husband! It is definitely a tough road, but I can now see it was completely worth it. Best wishes to you!

      Delete
  3. I also forgot to mention that I am a D.T. for E.I. I just started this new job last fall...so far so good. I feel it will be a perfect job when we get our forever baby (Lord Willing). I did teach prek for a few years but that was so overwhelming for me. I think working one on one is a much better fit for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, little Nathan! Those matching hats in the first picture are adorable!

    ReplyDelete