Saturday, May 25, 2013

Answered Prayers

This week I had prayers answered in a big way! The funny thing is, I never specifically prayed for this particular thing. This school year I have been working part time (planned when we were in a match last summer). When everything fell through last summer, we decided I would still work part time, hoping that we would be matched again soon. Well as you all know, that didn't quite happen. I have enjoyed working part time for the most part. I mean who wouldn't like a 4 day weekend almost every week? Plus, I have had the opportunity to pick up some extra days here and there. The thing is, I didn't realize until recently how much my job fulfills me and how much I need to work full time to be sane. Working part time is just a constant reminder that I'm stuck waiting. Being home should mean that I'm taking care of my beautiful child, not sitting around or running errands. Dan and I have talked about it a bit lately, but we knew there wasn't much we could do. If I go back full time and then we are blessed with a baby, I don't want to be stuck working for another full school year. And I also don't want to burn any bridges if I keep going back and forth. They may just tell me "so long!" And I can't really start a totally new job and then take time off right away either. So we just decided to keep my part time position for next year. But I still felt stuck.

But then, this past Thursday, an opportunity fell into my lap. My supervisor offered me a full time position for next year, a placement that I have a feeling I'm going to love! I told her that I would need a few days to talk about it with Dan. When I explained to her that it's very difficult to make any major decisions without ever knowing what tomorrow will bring, she stopped me. She told me that I could take this position, and the second we get our little one I can go back part time! I seriously thought I was dreaming! Suddenly a huge burden was lifted, a burden I hadn't realized I was carrying. All this time that I have been home more, I have felt bad that I couldn't contribute more to our family. When I'm at work, I feel like I have a purpose. The kids make me smile, and I like to think I make them smile too ;) So to have this opportunity feels incredible. Praise the Lord for an answer to my prayers! It's still hard not having our little one yet, but things like this just make the wait a little easier. I work with some of the most wonderful women, and I am blessed to have so many people that care so deeply for us and recognize that this journey isn't exactly an easy one.

So the past few days, my prayers were those of thanksgiving... and of course the usual request :)

4 comments:

  1. Oh yay! That is such awesome news. You have been in my prayers...hoping your wait isn't too much longer and thank goodness you can go to part-time when it happens! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is soooo amazing! :) Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone! We are so thrilled with this opportunity! And I can't begin to thank you for all of your prayers.

    ReplyDelete