Friday, May 3, 2013

News that makes me ask WHY?

It's hard enough waiting to be blessed with a child, not knowing when the day will come. Most of the time keeping busy helps, and my faith is by far my lifesaver. But no matter how I'm doing with our own journey, nothing kills me more than hearing things like this: Dead infant found in a cooler

I just can't comprehend how someone goes through an entire pregnancy, feels that child move inside her, goes through labor and childbirth, and then dumps her child. There are safe haven laws- that newborns can be left with a hospital or the police, no questions asked. That child can be placed with an adoptive family. It just breaks my heart to know that that little boy could have had a loving home, with a couple who wants nothing more than to love him to pieces. Things like this just show us how much more work we have to do in educating people on adoption or on assistance for mothers who need it.

I thought I'd have more to say on the subject, but I'm just mad and disheartened by this whole thing. I know this is just one of probably many more cases that I don't know about. But going through adoption, as someone who wants more than anything to be a mother, makes hearing these situations that much harder. 

2 comments:

  1. This is so sad :( It also so hard for me to hear that women would rather choose to have an abortion than place the baby up for adoption. I understand your frustration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too understand your frustration. As I walked past Planned Parenthood this afternoon I couldn't help but wonder how many sweet lives were taken in that very place earlier today. A priest once gave me as penance to offer my IF suffering for anyone who was touched by abortion (the woman, the baby, the doctors, the other family, everyone) and it was hard to start, but now I find it a regular piece of my prayers.

    I whole heartedly agree that we need to do so much better about educating women that they do indeed have a choice. So many of them feel as if they don't.

    ReplyDelete