Monday, March 17, 2014

Little Happies 1!

Little man is finally allowing me to put him in his swing at nap time today, so I ran to my computer to get a blog post in. I absolutely love this link-up at Blessed to Be and have been wanting to join in for the past few weeks, so I'm excited to join in today. So here are some of my little happies.

1.  In general, I try to stay away from caffeine. I generally don't drink much caffeine, so when I do I tend to really feel it. I don't really like coffee that much anyways, but I do LOVE iced coffee with a shot of flavor of course. When I went back to work I found myself stopping at the golden arches for a french vanilla iced coffee and an egg white delight each morning. It made waking up and dropping off my little guy at my mom's a little easier, and quite frankly kept me awake. I decided to take a break from these little pit stops for Lent, but I have a feeling this little happy will be making another appearance around Easter.

2.
My next little happy was a delicious meal we had this weekend with Dan's family in Effingham. We went out to lunch at a new Japanese restaurant, and boy was it delicious. Just a couple years ago I wouldn't touch sushi. It grossed me out, but Dan got me to go to a Japanese restaurant with him once and I'm on board now. I wish I would have gotten a picture of the spread that we had Saturday, but all we have is a shot of my delicious Pina Colada (mmm another little happy) and me feeding one of my "biggest happies" these days.

3. Taking trips to Effingham are another little happy for me. I love relaxing with family and spending time with everyone. This weekend we also got Nathan's 3 month pics and family pictures taken. It was a lot of fun. I feel like these trips to visit family are a nice little break from any stresses we may have.

4. Spending time with friends. We had a great visit with some of our closest friends last Sunday. We hadn't all been together in a few months, so it was a much needed visit. We're are so blessed with the friends we have in our lives who we can honestly say are like family to us.

5. When I walk in the room on moments like this.
Nathan absolutely adores Dan. If he hears his voice, he will strain his neck to try and find him. If Dan and I are standing above him together, his eyes go directly to Dan's face. I don't have a chance. I can't compete with their father-son bond. And boy is my son lucky to have this guy as his daddy. 

6. One of my favorite little happies these days is resting my cheek on the side or back of Nathan's head. It just brings me such peace and joy. My heart jumps a little just typing this. LOVE

7. A clean house- Last night we came home from Effingham to a clean house. These days (and really always) that's rare. We had our final home visit for our adoption license on Friday (you have to do it every 6 months to keep your license active), so we had to pick up a bit. There's nothing like coming home to a cleared kitchen table and not tripping over blankets, toys, and clothes on the family room floor. 

Those are my little happies for the week! Thanks to Stephanie for hosting! 

PS- To all the adoptive families just finishing up their first home study process, I guarantee you will never clean your house as well as you had it for that first licensing home visit. I took off a day of work to clean the first time around. Never again... we're lucky if we remembered to pick up for the last couple!

7 comments:

  1. I agree....I learned after the first visit that they really don't look that hard...as long as you are not a hoarder and the house has bedrooms, windows, etc...you're pretty safe. We are having another one next week (hopefully) and I'm just going to pick up and maybe dust. Ha!

    Love the pics and love that your baby loves his daddy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dusting? Yikes can't remember the last time we did that ;) You're one step ahead of us.

      Delete
  2. I love your list; so sweet. And though it is not nearly as important as your other ones, LOVE sushi! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) And yes! I can't believe I was missing out on sushi for so long!

      Delete
  3. Precious! :) Will have to join in one of these sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! You definitely should. I bet you have lots of little happies with those three sweeties of yours.

      Delete
  4. You have the 6 month visits to be in compliance with DCFS in Illinois. I'm not sure if every state requires it. Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete