Friday, June 20, 2014

6 months!

I can't believe my sweet boy is six months old! He turned 6 months old on Monday, and I finally got around to my six month pictures today. Boy has he grown! His personality is shining through these days. Lots of sass, smiles, and squeals (or really I should say screams). He loves to stand and jump, will eat just about anything we give him, and has a smile that can stop me in my tracks. He just got his first 2 teeth on the bottom, and his hair is finally starting to come in (although I think his bald head is cute). He finally sleeps through the night, is rolling over, and is just starting to sit. He tries to crawl by getting into a Superman stance and bouncing/wiggling like a worm. If willpower were enough, this kid would be crawling across the room. He just hasn't quite figured it all out yet. I can't believe he's turning into a little boy already.

The past couple days I've been in the car a lot, which lends itself to a lot of thinking time. I have found myself just sitting in awe at this little boy and all that has come about these past 6 months. It was like the reality of everything just kind of hit me last night in the car. I've been so caught up in getting through day to day life, that I never really sat down and thought about it all. Adoption is truly a unique experience and SUCH A GIFT! Seriously, what a gift! He grew within his birthmother, who felt him kick for the first time, who knew his daily schedule of flipping and kicking and how he sucked his thumb in the womb, and who knew him better than anyone on this earth. She placed him in our care. She chose US to be the parents of this little boy. It's just so incredible. I really can't put to words the thoughts and emotions I have experienced the past few days, but I think gratitude really sums it up the best. I have an overwhelming sense of gratitude and feel so blessed. God is good!



2 comments:

  1. SO adorable! And I have to agree, adoption is such a gift! :) Happy 1/2 birthday, Nathan!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously what a cutie!!! Love the pics.

    ReplyDelete