Monday, June 2, 2014

Little Happies: Almost Summer!


1- A Special Visit- A couple weeks ago Nathan's birthmom came for a visit.We enjoyed lunch in our backyard on an absolutely gorgeous day and headed over to a nearby festival.

Nathan hanging out at the festival
I love spending time with her and watching her joy as she spends time with Nathan. I'll admit that I get a little nervous right before our visits, but the second we see one another it all melts away. We are so fortunate to have such a wonderful relationship with her. I look forward to seeing how it develops over the years. 

2- Carnival Fun- Last week at work we took the kids to a local carnival. It was wonderful! They opened one day just for special education programs to attend. It was completely free- rides, games, lunch, everything. The smiles on these kids faces made being a sweaty disheveled mess worth it.

3- Fun with Friends- On Friday Nathan and I joined a friend and her daughter, along with her friend and her son for an afternoon at the arboretum. It was HOT but beautiful. Nathan loves being outside. He really only fussed when he was hot and hungry, and I can't blame him. I'm not pleasant to be around when I'm hot and hungry either. He loved picnicking under a shady tree and gobbling up his peas. The boy loves to eat. He also enjoyed chilling on his blanket and playing in the grass.

A few princesses enjoying the night out

4- Bunco- My aunt hosted a tiara themed bunco night last Friday. Honestly it felt great to have a night on my own. I love spending time with my aunts and cousins, a little bit of friendly competition, and a glass or two of wine. To top things off, I won $30. I'd call that a successful night out. 









5-This post- 
Stephanie at "Blessed to Be" invited me to co-write a post on the ways in which adoption and pregnancy are similar. It was a lot of fun bouncing ideas off of each other and putting together our writing styles to compose a pretty fantastic post if I do say so myself. Head on over to this post to check it out. Thank you, Stephanie, for inviting me to take part in my first co-written post. I feel like a real blogger now :) If you haven't already, head over to Stephanie's blog. She is the host of this fabulous link-up and has a lot to share about the joys and struggles of adoption. Also, send up a prayer or two or three that her little one joins her family soon. The wait is no fun, and I hope it is over for her soon!

6- Family time-
My youngest brother is home from college and giving Nathan Superman rides. Makes me smile :)

















That's it for this week! Head on over to Stephanie's blog to read some more Little Happies posts.



2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you have such a great connection with Nathan's birthmom. That's so wonderful! :) Btw, what is bunco?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really simple dice game. You typically play it in a big group. More of a social event than serious gaming :)

      Delete