Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Little Happies- Life is Good :)


I have several post ideas that I have been meaning to sit down and write, but every time I have a free moment I just can't get myself to sit down and write. Because nap time around here is nap time for me too- I can't turn down a nap! And when this guy's day is over, my energy is pretty much gone. Sooo anyways my point is I am grateful for this link-up. It's a nice way for me to feel like I am still part of the blogging world without feeling like I need to think of an in depth post. Writing about the joys in my life? Yup, I can do that! There are lots of those these days. 

1- Summer Break is here!!!!!!!! I have loved my job the past few months. My caseload was ideal, my schedule was great, and the women I worked with were fantastic. I hadn't realized how much it was draining me though. I feel so much more refreshed starting out each day with a big smile from my little guy. We don't have to rush out the door. I can just soak him up. It's fantastic! I feel like a much more calm and in tune mom these days. This whole stay-at-home mom thing is agreeing with me :) It may be temporary, but I'm so grateful for this time!

2- We got a membership to the zoo- I'm pretty pumped about having the chance to do all the fun things that I've dreamed of doing "once we have kids". At this point, the zoo trips are more for me than Nathan, but it's still a lot of fun. We took our first trip this week with some of our closest friends, aka his girl. The kids really enjoyed checking out the grass, smiling at the people around us, and swatting at each other. Really, who has time to check out the animals? Priorities people!

3- Naps- Have I mentioned how much I love sleep? In the short time I've been off, I've been able to get the babe on a decent schedule. This beautiful schedule includes a glorious almost 2 hour nap each morning. He swings and sleeps, and I lounge on the couch nearby reading blogs and books and soon after taking a nap. Ahhh... I love it!

4- Cleaning- Yea I'm surprised that made my happies too! I can't say I'm a huge fan of cleaning, but I love how great I feel once I've accomplished something. Most days, I'd consider it a victory to get a load of laundry in, bottles washed, and dishes in the dishwasher. So far in my time off, I've had time to weed the jungle that was growing in our front yard and clean out our desk and file everything in it into a new file cabinet. I have a lot of other jobs to get done around the house. Here's to hoping I keep it up throughout the summer.

5- Father's Day- Dan celebrated his first Father's Day this week. We have been waiting so long to celebrate these special days and feel so blessed to have our little guy to celebrate with. Here are some pictures from this weekend. I dare you not to smile ;)

My boys

Hanging out with Grandpa



Seriously... my heart is melting

For more Little Happies, head on over to Stephanie's blog


6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Vanessa! Can't wait for another playdate :)

      Delete
  2. These are great, thanks for sharing. I love that you got a zoo membership and are soaking up all these moments as mommy and daddy, finally!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely exciting :) It's nice having a reason to do all these fun things we used to do growing up again.

      Delete
  3. I know what you're saying about cleaning. While it's not my favorite activity, it always makes me feel like I've accomplished lots with my day AND it makes the apt look good. Win-win. :) And those pics are so stinkin' cute!! He's getting so big!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it crazy! I love that he can do more now, but I just want to freeze time sometimes!

      Delete