Friday, December 13, 2013

7 Quick Takes: Pre-Adoption Edition

I am currently trying to avoid driving myself crazy in anticipation of our (hopefully!) arrival Monday morning. So Quick Takes, here I come!

1 (million): The number of times I washed my hands and disinfected today. Of course just days before our adoption, when my nerves and craziness are at their peak, one of my students came in with lice. And by the way, apparently that isn't reason enough to send a kid home from school or keep them home anymore. Kinda ridiculous if you ask me. If you were around me the past two days, you would have thought I was exposed to the plague with the number of times I washed my clothes, showered, and disinfected my desk. The last thing we need in this house is a mama crawling with lice... shudder... I have now added to my list of prayers for the lice to stay away from this household. I know I'm likely overreacting, but that's just going to happen with all these nerves right now.

2: I was going to think of something meaningful for each number, but I've realized I'm already going to break that on number 2. We bought a new camera last weekend, and I'm really excited to use it next week. We decided to take the leap and get a DSLR, and I think we are going to be really happy with that decision. I know very little about cameras and photography, but fortunately the auto mode on the camera pretty much requires me to aim and shoot. I think I can handle that.

3: Days until baby is here! Eee!!! So exciting :)

4: Have I mentioned how glad I am that I'm officially done with work until February (as long as baby comes home with us, that is). I am sooo sick of work lately, and I welcome the break. I'm so ready for this.

5: I'm also looking forward to the moment I can stop ending my sentences with "hopefully" and "we'll see". I'm ready for this baby to be in our arms and for papers to be signed. Breathe...

6: I'm looking forward to this weekend. We are thankfully going to be pretty busy the next couple of days. Tomorrow night we are going to a concert at one of the churches in the city. This church is absolutely gorgeous, especially around Christmas, and their choirs are amazing. I'm really looking forward to a relaxing evening. I just hope I can sit still and keep my mind at ease. Sunday we are going to the first birthday party of our friends' son. We actually met these friends through the adoption process. We took all of our classes together and have been a support for one another ever since. They adopted their sweet son last year, and it is so exciting to celebrate his birthday this weekend! I hope we will be doing the same thing in our house this time next year :)

7:(30am): If you are awake at that time Monday please keep birthmom, baby, and us in your prayers. She is scheduled for surgery at that time. I will probably be going to one of my go tos that morning of either Memorares, Divine Mercy Chaplet, or attempt a Rosary (if I can stay focused that long). It will likely end up being me repeating please please please over and over again without any coherent prayers.

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Ekk...so excited for ya'll! Can't wait to hear the news...please post asap on Monday morning! :) :) I'll be thinking and praying for you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be praying for you all on Monday morning!!! And yes, please post an update as soon as you can!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for you and I will be praying for you this weekend and on Monday! Yes, let us know as soon as you can!

    ReplyDelete