Monday, December 2, 2013

Giving Thanks

This post is a few days late, but it doesn't have to be Thanksgiving to talk about the things we're grateful for.

First of all, I'm grateful for this guy.
 

He keeps me sane and laughs at my insanity. He's patient. His faith pushes me in my own faith. He's hardworking. And well, he is pretty much an incredible husband. 

I am blessed with a wonderful family, who has supported us through the toughest stuff these past few years.

We have some of the most wonderful friends, who really are family to us.

We were blessed to become godparents to our beautiful goddaughter, Mary Claire :) 


And yes, this beautiful miracle belongs to Waiting in Joyful Hope. And we get to be her godparents!!!!

I am grateful for this community of Catholic bloggers. I love having the chance to read blogs from incredible women who have been through the difficulty of infertility and come out the other side through adoption or pregnancy, who are still carrying this cross, who have beautiful insight and give encouragement when I need it most, who share their parenting ideas which are awesome and Catholic, who remind me of the joy that is to come with hilarious parenting stories and quotes from their little ones, who are my prayer warriors, and who confirm that being Catholic is pretty awesome!

I am beyond grateful for our beautiful experience so far with this match. We have met yet another incredibly strong birth mother, with nothing but pure selfless love for her child. We have been fortunate enough to meet her twice and talk with her through email frequently. Both of these things have helped to ease some of our nerves. The sheer terror has subsided to occasional moments of my stomach dropping in fear... improvement? I'll take it. We got the sweetest ultrasound pics of this little one yesterday. And I seriously can not wait for him/her to be in my arms (We know the gender but are trying our best to keep it a surprise- so far it's not working so well). C section is scheduled for Dec. 16. Please keep us all in your prayers! 








4 comments:

  1. Yay! I love all of those things too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for y'all and for this baby! I pray that you get to be parents to him/her, contined prayers for you! Love the pic of Mary Claire :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everytime I look at your blog I get butterflies...just thinking about baby. Praying for you and birth momma!

    ReplyDelete