Friday, December 27, 2013

Quick Takes Friday

This week has been such a blur. We had a wonderful Christmas celebrating with family. It was also a great time to celebrate our Christmas miracle.

1. We spent Christmas Eve with my dad's side of the family at my aunt's house. It was a small crowd, which was nice and relaxing. There was still a line to hold Nathan most of the night. Nathan opened his first Christmas gifts, which was lots of fun!



2. This is one of my favorite pictures we took as a family. Here's my immediate family on Christmas Eve.

3. On Christmas day we headed over to my parents' parish for mass (the same church we got married at and where Nathan will be baptized next week!) After mass, Nathan met the pastor of the parish, who has been very supportive ever since he found out were hoping to adopt. While talking with him, a little boy that was sitting a few pews in front of us during mass came over with his parents for a peak. They told us he thought Nate was baby Jesus :) 

4. We spent the rest of the day at my parents' house and exchanged gifts with them and my brothers. Nathan made out quite well! 


5. He also got to meet my aunts, uncles, and cousins that evening. It was so much fun sharing him with the rest of our family. Those pictures are giving me a hard time with formatting, so I'll just post my favorite of him from the day :) 

6. Nathan met his Grandma and Grandpa (Dan's parents) and Aunt Julie yesterday! He was so excited that he peed all over the living room before they got here. 


7. We can't wait for his shower and baptism next week! We hope everyone had a blessed Christmas.

Check out the link-up over at Jen's.

PS- A bit more of our adoption story will come soon! I just have to get myself to sit down and write.














1 comment:

  1. What a joyful Christmas!! Looking forward to hearing the adoption story. :)

    ReplyDelete